Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Hanging indent

In an existing list, change the indents by right-clicking and then choosing
Adjust List Indents from the context menu.

To prevent Word from automatically creating numbered lists, clear that
option in the AutoCorrect dialog box, AutoFormat As You Type tab (Office
button | Word Options, Proofing category, AutoCorrect Options button).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ed Mullikin" wrote in message ...
When I am typing a few numbered paragraphs Word 2007 automatically assumes
that I want a "hanging" paragraph and sets it up for me. I want to do it
myself. How do I turn this feature off? Thanks.