Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stephen Glynn

Default Calculations in tables

oe wrote:
I have followed Dave Rado's idea of separating tables which I find very
useful. However, I am having a problem with the syntax on my final
calculation and would appreciate any help.

I am designing an 'invoice' type of table with two columns:

Table1 has a list of all the items (Column A) and their prices (Column B).
Table2 has the sum of the items ({ SUM(Table1 B:B) \# "#,##0.00;-
Table3 has a VAT calculation - i.e. Table2 x 17.5%

What I need now is the final table to have the sum of Table2 and Table3. I
have tried quite a few options but each get the message "Syntax error".

TIA

If you're sure that all your items are VATable, why not calculate Table2
x 117.5%, using the same syntax you've successfully used in Table3?

Steve