Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default automatically delete text in clipboard on exit

The only time I've gotten that message is when some very long text is
on the Clipboard (and the message refers to the largeness of the
material), so it's not normal behavior for Word to ask about it, so
there must be some way to turn off the prompt! In Office? In Windows?

On May 30, 11:33*am, Jay Freedman wrote:
On Sat, 30 May 2009 02:56:00 -0700, Stephen
wrote:

Hi,

Every time I exit Word 2007, I get a box that asks me if I want to keep the
text in the clipboard for other applications. *I never want to keep the text
in the clipboard, so does anyone possibly know of some way that I can tick
some box so that I'll never be asked that again.

Thanks for any help.

Stephen

There's no way to "tick some box" to turn off the prompts. You need a macro to
clear the clipboard before exiting from Word. Put this macro into a module in
the Normal.dotm template (seehttp://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htmif
needed):

Sub AutoClose()
* * Dim MyData As DataObject