Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Default How do you stop word from defaulting to US bloody English? Ple

son of a bitch

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
This from the one who wants us to believe he/she is a corrupt woman, the
mother of harlots and abominations of the earth. You make me laugh ;-)

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Jezebel wrote:
Way too sensitive, Danny. Greg likes to think of himself as an
irascible old fart, but fails to persuade anyone else of that.

"Dannyg" wrote in message

Hi all,
Suzanne and Jezebel, thank you (I mean it) for your succinct answers.
Greg,
are you the USA, don't take things so personally.

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

Jezebel,

You are no fun. I would have left him groping for a while ;-)

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.htm
For some helpful tips using Word.

Jezebel wrote:
Calm down. Obscene though US imperialism might be, it doesn't
actually extend its nefarious tentacles this far.

Set the language for your computer as a whole: go to Regional and
Language settings on the Control Panel and change the language from
US English to something civilized.

Set the langauge for Word: set the language for normal style to
English (Australian). Set other styles if necessary, although most
styles ulitmately inherit from Normal, so you probably won't need
to. Set the language for the document: select the lot, then use Tools

Language.

"Dannyg" wrote in message
Is there a simple way of keeping English (Australian) as the
default spell checker. I change it for one word and it just keeps
going back to the US version. What is it with the US can't they
accept anything else???