Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Styles Spacing Strategy

Agreed. And if the text is double-spaced (as it often is in manuscripts)
then I increase the Spacing Before to 24 points and remove the Spacing
After. I should add that by "double-spaced," I mean, with Exact line spacing
of, say, 24 points, not using Word's "double" spacing. There is a difference
in where the extra space is added; Exact line spacing add the space above
the text, multiple spacing below. If I were actually double-spacing, I guess
I'd set 18 and 6?

http://word.mvps.org

"grammatim" wrote in message
This is a question for a graphic designer, not a question about Word.
But, as a reader, I certainly expect a heading (not header) to be
closer to what it introduces than to the text in the previous section
above it.

On Feb 18, 1:49 pm,
wrote:
Hello,

We are implementing new styles into our firm. My question is about the
Header Styles (1,2, etc)

What is the concept with these styles having 12 pt before and 3 pt after?
Would you not want it the other way?

We are creating some firm header styles and wonder if I should use the
same
paragraph spacing.

Thanks