Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
eJimmi eJimmi is offline

Default Header / Footer mail merge issue with custom built word automation solution.

Hi Cindy

Thank you so much for your advice. I could not have built a solution
without your website and contributions to the newsgroups from yourself
and the other contributing MVP's.

Re "word terminology" and "Mail Merge" - I agree, and have
adopted the "targets" term in my documentation. You are correct in
your deductions - and I am using the fields as data targets and the
data I'm passing in is to be permanent. I have implemented your
suggested code block and it works beautifully.

As I'm not performing a mail merge (there is no
document.MailMerge.DataSource) I'm assuming I will need to implement my
own custom code to emulate the
WdMailMergeDestination.wdSendToNewDocument..wdSend ToPrinter
functionality? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer.

Many thanks again

Jaimie Sims (e-Jimmi).