Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Print 2 half-sheet mail merge docs on one sheet of paper

I have done this, and it was not especially difficult. I set it up as a
Directory merge with the first paragraph on the page formatted as "Page
break before." It may be possible to do this as a Letter merge, but I
haven't tried it. When you use "2 pages per sheet" in Page Setup, you don't
need to use "2 pages per sheet" in the Print dialog; they are mutually
exclusive.

My guess is that you have a page break (or something that causes a page
break) at the end of your mail merge main document, and that is creating a
blank page following each record; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm

"Sue" wrote in message
I would like to print 2 half pages of a mail merge per 8.5 x 11" sheet of
paper. I have the Page Setup set for two pages per sheet. I get the
documents on a half sheet but only one document per sheet of paper. I

would
like to have it print two documents on one sheet of paper.

When I go to File Print to change the Zoom--the Zoom is grayed out so I
cannot change it. Is there a way to make this option available to change
"Pages per sheet:" from "1 page" to "2 pages".

If I set the Page Setup Pages to "Normal", the Zoom is now available on
the File Print. But it still only prints one document per page and the
document is half the normal size (with "No Scaling" option on).

Is there a way to print a half page mail merge document--2 pages per sheet
of 8.5 x 11" paper?

Thank you for the help.