Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Import or merge DWG / Picture files into a document

No, we are not employed by Microsoft.

See http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Rookie_User" wrote in message
OK, there is a lot going on in that response so I will disect it and see
what
I come up with. However, once again, thank you for such a detailed
explanation.

*One of these days I find out what MVP is and if your employed by
Microsoft?
If so, who do we tell that this is an invaluable service.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Part of the exercise would involve using the information in the article
"Insert into a document the names of all files in a selected folder" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...tFileNames.htm

Then, if you record the action of inserting a picture into a document,
you
will get some code that you can use to do that part of it.

Then you will need to create a document with a one row, two column table
with the required cell dimensions, the iterate through the list of files
created following the first link, inserting each one in turn, into a cell
in
the table, adding a new row the the table after every second one.

See how you get on with another shot at Peter's suggestion first as there
is
no point in re-inventing the wheel if it works OK.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Rookie_User" wrote in message
Could you expand on your suggestion of roll your own program. I know
very
basic VBA and generally come here and other sites to get me started.
It
appears to be more difficult mechanically than mentally - it seems easy
in
my
head - smile. Would it make a difference if I converted them to JPG's?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the "Graphics from data base" item under the "Special merges"
section
of
fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

You are probably not going to be able to do this with mailmerge. It
would
however, using vba, be possible to "roll-your-own" application to do
it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Rookie_User" wrote in message
I have a folder full of dwg files (AutoCAD files). You can insert
the
file
manually so I know it accepts the format. However, my goal is to
create a
page with six squares (a table 2x3) and insert a picture in each
square
and
then it will repeat as it processes through all the files in the
designated
folder. If possible it would be nice that the filename gets posted
somewhere
for identification purposes. Does this make sense, can anyone help?

I have started to research on the board how to do this but haven't
found a
solution to get me there yet.