Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Looking for example of merge field switch format zipcode in Word

For further info. on this see http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm

I think in this case you'll need to use the DDE option.

Peter Jamieson
"-cg" wrote in message
I m doing a mailmerge that includes addresses.

I've read the Numeric Picture (\#) field switch, and it gave a lot of good
ideas. But when I try, my zipcodes are often converted to dates. I also
see
that my leading 0 is dropped, and my 5+4 zips that have a dash are
processed
by subtracting.

They are stored in my excel file in cells with Text format.
Thanks,
-cg