Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Cursor moves after alt-f9

I just tried it with links to several Excel worksheets. This changes the
layout considerably when I press Alt+F9. However, when pressing Alt+F9, the
position of the cursor (if outside fields to begin with) is rock solid, no
matter how much I toggle fields on/off. The location of the cursor stays
put.

The display in Word is closely tied to the display driver and printer
driver. The results you're getting suggest that one or the other (or both)
aren't doing what they're supposed to do. I would check to see if there are
updates available for your display adapter and printer.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"BruceBrad" wrote in message
Can you give a little more information on exactly where the cursor starts
out and where it ends up, what kinds of fields they are, etc.?

My fields are links to Excel tables (1/2 page in size) - so pressing
alt-f9
does change the layout of the document quite a bit. If I start out with
the
cursor in the para before (or after) the table, pressing alt-f9 to make
the
field codes appear means that the cursor jumps towards the end of the
document. I'm guessing that it is trying to keep the cursor on the same
page
number or similar.