Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Changing headers for sections

Note that each section can have up to three different headers (and three
different footers); this is the case if "Different first page" and "Different
odd and even" are both selected in the Page Setup dialog box. Each type of
header (and each type of footer) must be separately unlinked from its "neighbor"
in the preceding section. Since you have one-page sections, there are likely
headers you haven't unlinked.

For more, see http://wordfaqs.mvps.org/HeaderFooter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"endless" wrote in message

In Word 2007 I've tried to have different headers for different sections
of the document. Although I've created page & section breaks (after much
struggling, I've had to create breaks on EVERY PAGE to get it to even
partially work!), sometimes - but not other times - changing a header in
a new section changes some of the headers of previous pages. I've
clicked on Link to Previous in the Navigation section - as Word Help has
advised - to break the links, but it still happens. I've followed all
the steps in Word Help, and yet it doesn't work! Any advice?

--
endless