Hi Ho Silver

Default Using "Find and Replace" for Symbols

Using Word 2002/XP.

I am looking for certain Symbols in the text, for example ® or & etc. I
will typically copy the symbol and using Ctrl + V, paste it into the "Find
What" in the Find and Replace dialog box. However, one particular symbol I
am looking for is the ¬ (the "Not Sign") which is ASCII decimal 0172.
When I try to copy and paste that symbol into the "Find What" box, nothing
pastes, and the "Find Next" button grays out. I have experimented with
copying and pasting a variety of other symbols (from Insert/Symbol) and all
that I have tried will paste in except that ¬ [I realize the ¬ symbol may
not transmit with this posted message, but I am talking about the "Not
Sign"].

Any hints would be appreciated. I have a longish document that is full of
"Not Signs" and I want to copy and replace them. Thanks.
--
John Hanley

To send return email:
jphanley