Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LC Killingbeck

Default Word should not create temporary files while I am editing any docu

?B?YmhhcnRlZXNo?= wrote in
:

I really dont like the concept used by MS Word in creating temporary
files while I am editing any document. When I am editing the document
located on my desktop, there are a bunch of temporary files created on
my desktop. Almost half of my desktop is filled with these temporary
files. I really want to get rid of this.

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...spx?mid=b7ac0f
ee-64a3-4313-8916-b78c29d0c497&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagemen t

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this!"
"Don't do that! $50, please!"

Put your files in some folder (even put that folder on your desktop, if
you desire), put a shortcut to that folder on the desktop (optional, but
my own practice for ease of access), and work thereafter in the folder.
No more intermediate files cluttering your desktop. $50 please!

Lynn Killingbeck