Jay Freedman

Wendy D wrote:
I am creating a template for other users. I would like a portion of
the footer to automatically be the same as the "Project Title" that
the user will assign. It seems like I might be able to use the
"DocVariable" Field Code to do this, but I don't understand how to
assign/create the variables. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

If the information is being entered on the Custom tab of the File
Properties dialog, then you need to use a DocProperty field instead of a
DocVariable field.

Document variables can be created and modified only through macro code.
Document properties -- both built-in and custom -- can be managed in the
Properties dialog or by code.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman