Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MelissaD

Default Go back or at least offer the old way to manage databases/mailing

Egad the Office 2003 version of Word makes it harder than it used to be to
manipulate databases! I don't understand why you would take away the ability
to do it the old way and ONLY provide the interface. The interface might be
great for people who don't know their way around a database, but you have
reduced the functionality of this tool for me. I hope in future updates you
will give us the old way back as an option.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds