Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Label Mail Merge doesn't print first line on each page

I do remember investigating what Word (2000/2003) was doing when it
printed labels to "ESC/P" printers, and although I think the results
were inconclusive, you may find the conversation at

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...f92fa5e0e88da4

useful.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Merwyn wrote:
Hi Doug,

Thanks for your continued help here.

I checked the zoom and it is no scaling. I also check the skip perforation
setting and it is off. I did this using the software tool as I could not find
any dip switches.

Also, we found a few more quirks :-)
1) If we doa print preview the first line of each page shows up as it prints
which is just the bottom stripe of the line.
2) When I put the header to .15 in print preview the top line looks fine.
But now the bottom label is pushed to the next page. So when it prints the
first label looks fine but it skips the 12th paper label, prints it on the 13
paper label then skips the next 11 labels and goes to the 2nd page.

Hope that gives a clue. Given it is just continuous paper why are there
pages associated with the print out? Is there a way to turn off pages?? Maybe
a dumb idea or question...

Thanks for your continued ideas..
Merwyn