Graham Mayor

The only way to ensure a document appears to a recipient the way you
intended is to send the attachment in PDF format, for which you'll need
extra software. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm.

Furthermore it is bad practice to open attachments directly from e-mail
attachments. One day this will bite you with malicious macro code or
information loss.

As for Reader, uncheck tools options general allow starting in Reading
Layout (you can reinforce this with an autoopen macro containing the line)

ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdNormalView

heartforhorses wrote:
When creating an attachment to an outgoing e-mail in MS Outlook 2003,
I like to view the attachment before sending to be sure everything
appears the way I want it to and the pages are formatted properly.

I need to know how to change the default view in Outlook to "Normal"
from "Reader", which makes the margins very strange.

How do I change the way Outlook views Word 2003 attachments to Normal
so that all documents appear in Normal view?