Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Heading Styles in TOC

By default, a TOC includes built-in heading styles (the number of levels you
specify) and other styles that have the same outline level. You can include
or exclude any styles you want by typing a number beside them in the TOC
Options dialog (or deleting/changing the number that is there), but if you
want your headings to appear automatically, you should give them an
appropriate outline level (Format | Style | Modify: Format: Paragraph).

For more on TOCs, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm

"Dave French" wrote in message
I have created some new Heading Styles for use in a document.
How would I get them to be recognized in a TOC?
Are there specified Styles that ONLY will work or is there a setting to
get
them to be recognized?

Dave French