DanB

Default Table column widths

I have a mail-merge document that also includes a table filled from an
external database. I have been trying to format the columns in the table to
different lengths to accomodate a "name" a "date" and a "dollar amount".
Everything seems to work fine except that as soon as I merge to a new
document, the resulting tables have all three columns the same width. And
what's more, the table in my mail-merge template now has equal-width columns
as well. If I close the merged document and the template and then re-open
the template, voila...my columns are back to my preferred widths. I've
ensured that "automatically resize to fit contents" is turned off in my table
definition so it's got to be something else. Any ideas?