Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KatR KatR is offline

Default Hyperlinks and Bookmarks

Okay, here goes:
All docs I am working in Word 2007, but then have to save as Word 97-2003
(so others can access).

In Doc B: I have three areas I bookmark in a 10 pg doc. I go to pg 3,
highlight a heading, click on bookmark, name it (ex: BookmarkA), click add.
I go to pg 5 and 7 and do the same (named: BookmarkB and BookmarkC). All
bookmarks appear to work. I save to My Documents (as Word 97-2003).

In Doc A: I highlight a section of text, right click and choose Hyperlink.
I "Look In" My Documents and click on Doc B. I click on "Bookmarks" and see
the three listed (BookmarkA, BookmarkB...). I choose the appropriate one and
click "OK" and then "OK" again. NOTE: When I choose the bookmark, the
address that appears is docname.doc#BookmarkA (for example).
Text now appears to be hyperlinked. I save document again as Word 97-2003.

Now in Doc A, I click on a hyperlink, and Doc B opens... to page 1 and not
to the specifically bookmarked area of the document.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

It should... I tested with Word 2007.

Pl. let us know the steps you are following to insert the hyperlink...

Also the Word version.

"KatR" wrote:

Thank you so much for trying to help ... unfortunately that didn't work
either. The Doc B still only opens up on the first page ... it does not open
up to the page that was bookmarked.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

While creating the hyperlink you will see the doc B name in the Address box
at the bottom... assuning your bookmark is GoThere then add this to the doc
name
#GoThere

so that the address looks like
docB.doc#GoThere

"KatR" wrote:

Trying to hyperlink from Doc A to a bookmark in Doc B. When I click on
hyperlink in Doc A it only opens Doc B and does not go to the specific spot
within Doc B where the bookmark is located. How do I fix so hyperlink goes
to exact spot in Doc B?