Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Travis Carden Travis Carden is offline

Default Printing book: Can I hide page number in footer on first five pages?

I'm formatting a friend's book in Microsoft Word 2002 SP3 on Windows XP Pro.
(It's my first time doing this.) I just learned how to add sections by
inserting breaks. I used them to create page numbering schemes for the front
material and the book content, but I can't figure out how to simply hide the
page numbers on the title and copyright pages. *I want to hide the footer on
the first five pages and the eighth page.* I thought I might be able to just
delete the footer or change the color to hide it in that section only, but
either change affects the whole document. Can anyone help? Thanks so much!

Travis Carden
http://www.traviscarden.com/