Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
lemonscented lemonscented is offline

Default How delete line

Thanks, but as I said, I already tried Control Q and it does not cause the
line to go away. Borders and shading shows that no border has been selected.
I selected within the header as well as text before and after the header.

This is happening in a section that consists of endnote text, if that makes
any difference.

I am pretty eager to make this go away.

Cathy

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Almost certainly a paragraph border. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

"lemonscented" wrote in message
Hi,

I am trying to get rid of an unwanted line in Word 2003. It appears in

the
header of the odd but not even pages of a section of my document (the
document is set up for odd and even pages). It extends the full width of
the page (between the margins). I have deleted everything I can in the
header and cannot delete it.

I have tried other suggestions mentioned in these discussions but nothing
seems to work. It does not disappear when I select adjacent text and

press
control Q.

Thank you.

Cathy