DJ9

Default "desktop" icon in folder list

When I open my list of folders in Word2000 (the general "my documents" view),
at the very end of all the folders that actually contain my work there
appears an icon that looks like a notepad with the word "desktop" next to it.
The view always starts there, so I always have to move the sliding bar to
the left in order to get back to where my actual folders are. That extra step
is a pointless nuisance, and after dealing with it for a few months I decided
to ask here how to get rid of that "desktop" item. I have of course tried
deleting it, but it always reappears.

THANK YOU!!!!

DJ