TF

William

My copies of Word follow the printer default fine. Are you sure that you
don't have some third party macro such as a fax macro that is changing the
default in Word? Do other Word changes to default settings (such as the
default font) stay set correctly?

Terry

"William Chen" wrote in message
: Thanks, Terry. I did as I said before. My printer default setting is A3
and
: office excel programme did follow this setting but not office word....it
is
: very weird.....no idea......
:
: "TF" wrote:
:
: William
:
: Open the Printer Setup in Start, Printers and faxes, right-click on the
: printer icon and choose Properties. Set the default to A3 in the
preference
: there.
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: "William Chen" wrote in message
: ...
: : thanks Graham,
: :
: : yeah, I need A3. it usually automatically changed by following the
printer
: : setting in old version, no? (I always do that if I want to chang the
: default
: : setting)
: : I need A3 because I am using MathCad12 software. It requires MathCad12
: page
: : format to match Office word default page setting then I can save
MathCad
: file
: : to *.rtf file. after that it can be opened in office word. if it is
not
: : matching then it won't keep the original lay out in MathCad sheet.
: somehow, I
: : need A3 format.
: :
: : how can I change deault setting then? because my office excel
programme
: did
: : follow my printer default page setting.
: :
: : "Graham Mayor" wrote:
: :
: : You don't really want to set the page default at A3 (you did mean A3
and
: not
: : A4?) as it will have unwanted effects elsewhere. Create a blank
template
: : with the page layout set to A3 and use that for your A3 documents.
: :
: : A4 is a different issue.
: :
: : --
: :
: : Graham Mayor - Word MVP
: :
: : My web site www.gmayor.com
: : Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
: :
: :
: :
: :
: : William Chen wrote:
: : as I used to use office2000 and page set up default can be
: : automatically changed once u changed the page size. but in 2003
: : version, everytime I change the page size. next time I open it ,
it
: : still went back to bloody letter size. it is very ignoring.
: : any help, I found the help menu is useless. I search it as default
: : page set up.....
: :
: :
: :