Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default How do I print an Excel Autoshape on a Word doc using mailmerge?

I am almost certain that you can only merge text directly. Anything
graphical would have to be inserted using an

{ INCLUDEPICTURE { MERGFIELD picturefullfilename}}

and that is not what you have. I don't know of anyway of doing what you
want with mailmerge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"TG in AZ" TG in wrote in message
I am trying to do a mailmerge from an Excel spreadsheet to a Word doc. One
of
the columns on the spreadsheet is filled by autoshapes (rectangles) that
help
color code each row. (A rectangle slightly smaller that the cell it is
in.) I
need these colored rectangles to print on the Word doc. I have enabled
"print
object" in the autoshape properties menu in Excel, and the shapes print
from
Excel, but nothing shows up on the Word doc when I do the mailmerge.
(There
is no text in these cells on the spreadsheet, just the colored rectangle.)

Thanks for your help!