Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
North421 North421 is offline

Default Sections and Page Numbers

Thank you. I am writing a procedures manual. I am using stylref fields based
on my headings to give me my "chapters". I thought it would be useful, at
least during the preliminary work, to have a page of pages in the heading for
the "chapters" and a page of pages in the footer for the entire document. I
will have to create a TOC eventually. I am not an experienced Word user so I
would be concerned how a formula field would effect the TOC. Thanks for your
help.

"Jezebel" wrote:

No. The option applies to the section. If you explain what you actually
need, someone may be able to suggest a formula field you could use.

"North421" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003. I am trying to use Section Pages in the header and
Page
in the footer. When I change the renumber option in the header or footer,
it
changes the setting in the other also.
Is there a way to have the renumber option different in the header than in
the footer?
Thanks.