Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Word 2007 is unacceptable and must be changed

In the scenario I'm encountering it's not so much "newer is better", like I
noted, some are still using Office 2000! The descision was based on what
Office 2007/SharePoint 2007 has to offer.

Also, if you are encountering slow graphic and recalculations, I suspect it
might be your computer. If you only meet the minimum requirements then
you'll experience what you've described. Here's an article that provides the
system requirements:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...668651033.aspx

If that's not it then if you have Adobe's PDF Add-in its known to cause
sluggishness.

(Heh, now I've done it - I've just provided more material for the "debate"
on Office 2007. GRIN)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 11:57:41 -0500 from Beth Melton :
I suspect more will upgrade to Office 2007 than everyone thinks.

I think you're right.

In large organizations, software is typically deployed by IT
departments, and the decisions are typically made by people who don't
actually use the software in question. For some reason the decision-
makers seem to believe that "newer is better", even if they have to
pay to upgrade.

I'm not saying Office 2007 is a bad thing; I think it's too early to
say (aside from obvious flaws like slow graphics and slow
calculations in Excel 2007). But I'm saying that the quality of
Office 2007 will have only a minor impact on the level of adoption.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/