Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jtsafnat jtsafnat is offline

Default strange fonts when printing envelope

When I am saying 'strange' I mean as an example: !"#$#% etc. some of these
strange character are even overtyped (" overtyped on .) and spacing
diminished.
I tried few different fonts when typed the return address, all of them look
perfect on my display before and after printing. Only on the printout I am
getting those strange characters.
I did not try the 'Detect and Repair' and I don't know how to do it, please
help.
The fonts I am using are normal Office fonts, and I don't have any problem
displaying or printing the Address itself.

Anyway thank you, and hope you can elaborate with a solution.

"macropod" wrote:

So what's 'strange' about it? Just saying you're getting "strange characters" isn't very helpful.

Are you sure the return address is formatted with a font that is available on your system?
Have you tried running 'Detect and Repair' from Word's Help menu?
Have you tried reinstalling the font?

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"jtsafnat" wrote in message ...
When printing an envelope I am getting strange characters in the return
address.
I tried to type the return address directly on the "envelopes and Labels"
field, as well as in the Word optionsAdvancedmailing address.
I am using Office 2007 (sp1).
Please help
Thanks, jtsafnat