Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Saravanan Saravanan is offline

Default accidentaly i saved over one of my files, can this be undone?

Hi Matias,

In Word there is no option to get the older data(before overwritten)
after you saved the document.
But you can use the "System Restore" option in

Start- Programs- Accessories- System Tools- System Restore.

System Restore is an default Windows BackUp, If you set any System restore
point then the Windows will automatically perform the backup of files or
datas at that particular time.

If you set the system restore point in your system then only you can get the
older data's or files.
But before you select the System restore option,

Have you activated any system restore point for your system?

Thank you,

Saravanan

"Matias" wrote:

As I said, by mistake I overwrote a document, I have no backups or older
versions of this file, does the program automaticaly crate recovery files or
the original document is lost for good?