Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Epinn Epinn is offline

Default Format painter doesn't work with F5??!!

Can someone confirm that format painter doesn't work with F5 please? Is
there improvement with 2007?

I type text A on page 1 and I type text B on page 6; each has different
format.

(A) I highlight text A on page 1, click format painter, do F5 to try to go
to page 6. Format painter "loses its mind" when F5 is invoked. I even try
to **double click** format painter to try to get it work with F5, but no
luck. I think of two alternatives - (1) use format painter with PageDown
(or PageUp in another situation) and (2) forget about format painter and use
ctrl+shift+c and ctrl+shift+v instead.

(B) I highlight text B on page 6, click format painter, do ctrl+home to go
to page 1. Format painter is still intact and I can apply the format of
text B to text A.

In summary, format painter appears to work in most cases except with F5.

Note: Format painter is smarter in **Excel** because it works with F5. Can
we ask Microsoft to make F5 work with format painter in Word as well?

Appreciate feedback.

Epinn