Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Repaginating after mail merge

Use { PAGE } of { SECTIONPAGES } instead of { PAGE } of { NUMPAGES }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Treemad" wrote in message
I create a one page mail merged document, I understand that at teh end of a
mail merged document, Word puts in a Section Break [continous]. but even
though I see only one page (i know there are technically 2 sections) my
page
number in eth footer reads "page 1 of 2" can you help how do I get it to
read the number of pages that are REALLY there.
--
Kirstin

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What do you mean by "renumber things to 1-N"?

Make sure that in the mailmerge main document, the page numbering is
formatted to start at 1 and not continue from the previous Section.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"David" wrote in message
I have an Excel spreadsheet which is used to generate a Word document.
When
the document is generated, each row in the spreadsheet becomes one page
(and
section) in the Word document, with page numbers generated. There are
times
when I only need a subset of the generated document. I am able to
export
the
selected records to a new Word document, but have had a major headache
trying
to renumber things to 1-N. I have tried everything I can think of in
Word,
does anyone have any ideas?

I'd prefer not to subset the Excel spreadsheet into a separate document
with
just the needed records.