Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Holly Holly is offline

Default Problem with an If Formula

Hey everyone,

I'm working on a table for a mail merge where all the information for the
table is pulled from an Excel spreadsheet except for the totals and
calculating the percentage of available balance. I'm trying to do an If
formula to account for !Zero Divide error. My data has a lot of 0's, so it's
kinda of hard to avoid. This is what I've tried and the value "if false"
part of the statement won't execute. Any help is greatly appreciated. This
is what I want the formula to do: If D2=0, leave the cell blank, else
(D2/B2)*100 and I want the else part of the formula to be formatted as a %.

{ If {D2} = 0 " " {=(D2/B2)*100} \#"0%";(0%)"}