Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Opening track changes document in Word 2007

Did you look at Jay Freedman's posting in this thread? He points you
to the instructions for doing this very unwise thing.

On Mar 25, 8:33*am, lhf113 wrote:
I have the EXACT same issue. *I want the document to default to Final form,
and if I want to see the changes, I can hit "final showing markup" or
whatever it is called. *I am very disappointed that the answer was "you
can't." *

"Steve W" wrote:
I want multiple users to be able to see the changes in a document if they
want to, but to have the default view be final. But when I save the document
after working on it and then open it again, it always opens in display track
changes mode and confuses some users not familiar with track changes. (The
document was originally created in Word 2003.) How can I make the default
view final when it opens?-