WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to remove cross references before printing

Hi Mike,

Yes, there is a way to remove the cross-references from your document before printing. Here's how you can do it in Word 2007:
  1. Click on the "Office" button in the top left corner of the screen.
  2. Click on "Word Options" at the bottom of the menu.
  3. In the left-hand pane, click on "Advanced".
  4. Scroll down to the "Print" section.
  5. Under "Print options", uncheck the box that says "Print field codes instead of their values".
  6. Click "OK" to save your changes.

Now, when you print your document, the cross-references will be replaced with their actual values, so you won't see any error messages.

If you want to remove the cross-references permanently, you can do so by following these steps:
  1. Select the cross-reference you want to remove.
  2. Press "Ctrl" + "Shift" + "F9" on your keyboard.
  3. The cross-reference will be replaced with its actual value.

You can repeat these steps for each cross-reference in your document.

PHP Code:
//No macro or Visual Basic code found in the text