Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How use mail merge with envelopes?

Envelope addresses are formatted with the envelope address paragraph style
which includes a frame to position that address
(http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm ). Check the formatting
of the paragraph style (and check that there are no other empty frames on
the page that could affect the layout).

-Nisko- wrote:
OK, the reason I was getting a blank page was because each envelope
had a (hidden) frame or text box where the recipients name and
address was supposed to go (I think). Is this true? If so, the name
and address began in the MIDDLE of the text box, not at the left hand
side. I don't think this makes sense. Could somebody explain this
to me please? Thanks...

We can't tell you what you are doing wrong unless you tell us
exactly and completely every detail of how you went about it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"-Nisko-" wrote in message
Several times a year I address envelopes with a database I've
created. However, I've never figured out how to use the mail merge
correctly. I always end up with one envelope (on the monitor) with
an address - then one blank, then one with the second address, then
one blank, etc. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong - the
tell me how to do it right so that I can put about 10 envelopes in
my printer at a time instead of one by one. The way it works for
me is: I have to place the cursor on an envelope (on the monitor)
with an address - then print the 'selected page.' Then, I have to
skip the blank envelope and go to the next one (with an address)
and print the same way again. Can someone help? Thank...........