Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default including a different image in each letter being sent

If you have a printed label sheet and OCR software you should be able to
extract the data from the labels to create a new database - but I understood
you already had the data file to create the labels, so where does the
scanning come into it?

If by scanning, you intend a means to obtain the graphics for your merge
then once you have done that, the process I linked earlier is the means to
get those images into your merge document. It doesn't get simpler than that.
There is no way to pick individual graphics from a scanned document and
include them in a merge. You will have to extract them first and associate
the file names with your data.

-keevill- wrote:
can I fine tune my question a tad?
I would like to scan a sheet of labels - each label different - and
then include individual images into the mail merge.
In other words a scanned sheet would contain perhaps 12 or so images
and each one of those images would be included into a letter relevant
to the client so that each client gets an individual image in his /
her letter. I am just looking for the simplest solution.