Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default including a different image in each letter being sent

You could scan the sheet of six or so logos then use a graphics application
to selectively crop and save each logo with a new name.

-keevill- wrote:
"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
If you have a printed label sheet and OCR software you should be
able to extract the data from the labels to create a new database -
but I understood you already had the data file to create the labels,
so where does the scanning come into it?

If by scanning, you intend a means to obtain the graphics for your
merge then once you have done that, the process I linked earlier is
the means to get those images into your merge document. It doesn't
get simpler than that. There is no way to pick individual graphics
from a scanned document and include them in a merge. You will have
to extract them first and associate the file names with your data.

by way of explanation, I have a pile of customers who send me their
logos. Normally I have cut out their logos and pasted them onto an A4
sheet individually so that each A4 sheet contains about 6 logos and
then I scan the sheet. I then use Photoshop to cut out and paste
each logo onto each letter. I am trying to make this a faster job. I
was trying to avoid scanning each logo individually if possible-
rather scan 6 or so at one time and somehow use mailmerge to pull the
logo out of these sheets automatically. It seems pretty clear that I
must do each logo individually but I was just trying to explore the
possibility that there may be some shortcut .
I do not need to use OCR for this job.