cjkoeb

Default The Insert Key

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

boardbigmountain wrote:
I am having problems in Word XP - when I hit the insert key Word will
not go into overwrite mode. Is there an add-inn that I need to
install, or some other type of additional installation that I need to
perform to make this work?

Nothing additional, but you do need to check out a couple of configuration
options.

Easiest: Look in Tools Options Edit. If "Use the INS key for paste" is
checked, clear it.

Next: Go to Tools Customize and click the Keyboard button. Click "All
Commands" in the Categories list, then click "Overtype" in the Commands
list. If you don't see "Insert" in the Current Keys box, put the cursor in
the Press New Shortcut Key box and press the Insert key. Click Assign before
closing all dialogs.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jay,

I also am having this problem. The OVR in the bottom line being greyed out,
and pressing the INSERT key, does nothing other than produce an audible
"THUMP". I have checked both items you mentioned above, and still have the
problem. I even "re-registered" the INSERT key.

Now, here is the clue that I think that will make the solution clear to
you, and then perhaps to me. This is only with a certain document that I
received from someone else. Other documents that I have created, or from
other people do not have this problem.

Help ??

Chris