Jay Freedman

Dilligentknave wrote:

I eventually found the toolbar, it is hid with the others at the top
of the screen, how can I make it 'float' again, like before?

Every toolbar (and the menu bar, too) has a "handle" at the left end. In the
older versions it's two light-gray vertical stripes, and in the newer
versions it's a vertical row of gray dots. When the mouse hovers over the
handle, the mouse becomes a 4-way arrow. When that appears, click and drag
toward the middle of the screen. Presto, the toolbar floats.

You can also resize a floating toolbar so it's more square, by dragging its
sides or top/bottom.

You can drag any toolbar or the menu bar to any of the four sides of the
screen, and when you drag far enough it will "dock" there. On the left or
right side, the bar turns vertical.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman