Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_151_] Henk57[_151_] is offline

Default Styles change automatically after closing the document

PJY;2530318 Wrote:
Are your styles saved in your normal template, or just with that
document?
You can check Macros, then organizer to check.

"B" wrote:
-
I've just checked and the Automatic update document style tab is not
checked.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:
-
Turn off the "Automatically update document styles" option in the
Templates
and Add-Ins dialog box.

To display the dialog box:

- Tools | Templates and Add-Ins (Word 2003).

- In Word 2007, click the Document Template button on the Developer
tab of
the ribbon. (To display the Developer tab, check the "Show Developer
tab
in the Ribbon" option in Office button | Word Options, Popular
category.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"B" wrote in message
...-
I have used some styles in my document that I have created. For some
reason,
after closing the document and opening it again, the styles have
all
changed.
This doesn't always happen. If my colleague updates the document and
I get
it
back the formats have changed eventhough he hasn't purposely altered
the
formats. Why does this happen? How can I lock my formats so that
his
changes
doesn't alter them?-

--

When you made the changes, did you tick "Add to template" in the Style
formatting box? Otherwise you'll use the formatting after you close

--
Henk57