Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Hilly Hilly is offline

Default Mail merge

Thanks Graham,
If I set up a new merge document (word), can I still use the same
spreadsheet for the data or do I need to set up a new spreadsheet.
If I can use the same spread sheet how do I do about merge it with the new
word if it is already used as a database for the original word document?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

I am unable to reproduce this - which suggests
1. A problem with your data source
2. A minor corruption of the merge document. Create a new simple merge
document and attach your data. Does it still exhibit the problem?
3. Interference from a third party add-in.
4. Your version of Word has not been updated to the current revision.

Hilly wrote:
Hi Graham,

If I open the word document (office 2007) and goto mailings, there is
a tab where I can scroll through the pages for each recipient. If I
open the document as I have just done and it is on recipient 20 and
try to scroll to the next recipient it jumps to 66 (happens to be
blank, ie no recipient)

If I try to scroll backwards from 65 it will go : 65, 64, 63,62,66.
The only way I can go to a recipient's page now is to physically type
in their name in the search box.

Thanks in advance

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

While it is always possible that your document is corrupt, I am
puzzled by your description of the problem. Most merge documents
will have only one or two pages, so Page 1 should not be hard to
find without resorting to tools? How then are you searching for page
numbers?

The more pertinent question is whether the page numbering is correct
when you merge to a new document.

See http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

Hilly wrote:
Hi ,

Iam using word 2007 with excel 2007 as my data source. I have had
this mail merge document set up for a while with no apparent
problems However now when I go to the mailings tab and try to
scroll through each page of the document in the "find recipient
window" the page number jumps.

For example if I search for page 1, it will jump to page 50 then if
I tab to the next page it will jump to page 66.

Have you heard of that before?