Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default table of contents page numbers without chapter numbers

You won't see chapter numbers in the TOC unless you used the "Include
chapter number" feature in the Format Page Number dialog. Chapter numbers
inserted in the header/footer manually will not show up.

"Bety at Keltec" wrote in message
I have a document that I created. All the pages have been set up to have

the
chapter number included in the page numbering. When I go to update the

table
of contents, some of the page numbers in the table of contents do not have
the chapter number. What could be wrong. All the individual pages have

the
chapter number on them where I put the page number, but chapter numbers

are
missing on the table of contents.