Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julie V. Julie V. is offline

Default table of contents page numbers without chapter numbers

Hi, I am having a similar problem (although I would like the chapter-page #
to show up on my TOC. When I press Alt+F9, I get 1-{PAGE}

Am I on the right track??
Thanks!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is this true even when you update the TOC? If so, View | Header and Footer
and Show Next to get to one of the chapters where the page number is not
being displayed correctly. Press Alt+F9. Does the entire page number
(chapter number and all) resolve to { PAGE }, or is there an additional
field or text in front of the PAGE field?

"Bety at Keltec" wrote in message
I did not type in chapter numbers manually. I checked the include chapter
number box in the format page number dialog, so all pages in my document

have
the chapter number included in the page number. But, several in the table

of
contents are missing chapter numbers, while several others have chapter
numbers. I can't see why all pages would have the chapter numbers

included
on the page, but they do not show up on the TOC. Any ideas?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You won't see chapter numbers in the TOC unless you used the "Include
chapter number" feature in the Format Page Number dialog. Chapter

numbers
inserted in the header/footer manually will not show up.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Bety at Keltec" wrote in

message
I have a document that I created. All the pages have been set up to

have
the
chapter number included in the page numbering. When I go to update

the
table
of contents, some of the page numbers in the table of contents do not

have
the chapter number. What could be wrong. All the individual pages

have
the
chapter number on them where I put the page number, but chapter

numbers
are
missing on the table of contents.