Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jethro Pull Jethro Pull is offline

Default Handling page numbers in sections of a template

May I jump in and offer what I think is the simplest way,. but perhaps
because of the users' need, may be completely useless:

Attach it as an Appendix.

That is straight forward and always comes at the same place and can be
referred to in the document in a uniform way.

Sorry if I missed the point, but that's what I would do.

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message

To my knowledge, there's no way to include section breaks in a style.
Besides
you'd need two of them. Have you looked into autotext? I don't use that
feature but maybe someone else here can tell of their experience with it.

Pam

Kathy wrote:
Pam, thanks for the feedback. I agree that users should know how to do it
by
hand, but unfortunately that's not my reality. I like the macro idea, but
I'm
hesitant to do that because the users of the template may have macros
disabled -- and explaining that might open another can of worms.

Another thought I had was to force a new section every time a certain
style
was used. I already have a page break forced every time a custom Heading 1
level is used; is there a way to save a section break to the Heading 1
instead? That would enable me to set the continous page numbering
throughout
the document, no matter where they insert a different-sized page.

Kathy

My thought is to teach them how to insert 2 section breaks and then
change
the size of one page/section to be 11x17. When you do that, though, the
page

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]

Pam