Cathleen McGuire

Hi Doug -- I read about that URL in a similar past post. It was not helpful
as there was zero mentioned about the merge problems associated with the Home
Phone field.

If you have the time and inclination, please review my explanation of this
problem again. I think I laid out in sufficient detail what the problem is
and why all the possible paths don't work.

If anyone has a concrete solution as to how to get the Outlook Contacts Home
Phone field to merge, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks, Cathleen

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Initiate the mailmerge from Outlook.

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Cathleen McGuire" wrote in
message ...
I am trying to do a mailmerge my Outlook Contacts into a Directory so that
can print the results and then physically paste them into my manual
address
book. (Office version 2002)

Its driving me up a wall, but Home Phone just will not materialize.
Every
other field value gets populated except for Home Phone.

I get to Step 4 (€śArrange Your Directory€ť) and select the last option,
€śMore
Items €¦€ť to insert the field names into the master directory document Im
creating. (On the Mail Merge tool bar, the €śMore Items€ť icon is called
€śInsert Merge Fields€ť)

While in the Insert Merge Fields window, one can select Address Fields or
Database
Fields. I dont understand the difference between either of those options,
but whatever. I try them both.

If I select the Address Fields option, there is a Home Phone field, but as
said, it doesnt populate when the merge is run. The Home Phone post-merge
values are left blank.

If I select the Database Fields options, there is no Home Phone option.
(Go
figure). So I click on €śMatch Fields€ť at the bottom of the window in order
€śuse the dropdown lists to choose the field from your database that
corresponds to the address information Mail Merge expects.€ť Whatever that
means.

So I find the Home Phone field in the Match Fields options, but (true to
Microsoft form) the dropdown box says €śnot available.€ť Great!

So how do I do a merge of my Contacts database so that the all-important
Home Phone numbers appear? Ive tried to do the Merge both from within
Outlooks Contacts as well as from within Word. Both give me the same
cockeyed
results as Ive outlined above.

This is driving me crazy!!! Any and all help greatly appreciated.
--
Cathleen McGuire