Stefan Blom

Default Customizing Default Document

FWIW, I
suspect that the hyphenation setting is stored in the Registry
rather than
Normal.dot.

I just tested creating a custom template with the hyphenation option
enabled, and it seems to be working: Whenever I create a new file from
that template, hyphenation is enabled. Perhaps you are saying that you
believe it works differently for normal.dot?

--
Stefan Blom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
For starters, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm.

FWIW, I
suspect that the hyphenation setting is stored in the Registry

rather than
Normal.dot.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Phil James" wrote in message

Help!

I can customize paragraph format, font, and a few other things.

What I
can't customize is page layout (to give "first page different")

and turn
on
automatic hyphenation.

I tried to do this by modifying "Normal.dot" but Word won't let me

save
the
modified version nor delete the unmodified one.

How do I do this?

Phil