Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
David David is offline

Default Convert multiple line text to table - then to data file

Just spotted the query
Firstly I would copy & paste all the data to excell
Then find a character that isn't in the list e.g "~"
Find " †’ " and replace with ~
Find " †’ " and replace with ~
Find ": " and replace with ~

Parse this with data: text to columns:delimitedther:~
All catagorys should be seperated- accross from this list type headings
going accross page and on 1 line link to the relevant data.- copy this down
and filter on lines commencing with "first*"- this should be your data in
landscape- hope this hels and not too late..

DavidM

Lastly find
--
Thanks for your help

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Where you show (return) is that actually a paragraph ¶ or just a manual line
break?

To get rid of the Home:, Work: and Email:, you can use EditReplace the
replace each of them in turn with nothing.

Just what you need to do will depend a bit on the answer to the first
question above, but see "Convert Labels into Mail Merge Data File" on fellow
MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"
wrote in message ...
2-1-08

Hi,

I received a WORD 2003 document consisting of 500 + names, address and
phone
numbers typed as:

First MI Last ? Home: 213-456-7890 (return)
123 Main St ? Work: 213-789-0456 (return)
City, ST ZIP ? Email: me@mydomain ¶

How do I parse the three lines of information into one line per record in
the following format:

First MI Last Street Address City ST ZIP Home # Work #
Email

so I can convert the text to a table and then into a usable data file.

Thanks so much for your help.

Joanne