Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
hasmah hasmah is offline

Default How do I auto generate filename to appear in footer for new do

Thank you so much. I have another question. It is also similar to this
subject. But instead of at the footer, is it possible for the filename to
auto generate itself in a paragraph?

Do I follow what I did for the footer?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You can insert the FILENAME field in the footer. If you save the file under
a different name, you can then switch to Print Preview and back, which will
update the field.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"hasmah" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft 2003. I am not sure how to make the filename auto
generate itself in the footer. For example, When i copy paste the whole
content of my previous document to a new document, is it possible for the
filename to auto generate itself in the footer?
I have read previous posts relating to similar issues which involves
macros.
I have tried but yet failed and I am not good at coding either.

Can anybody help me with the auto-updating of filenames in footer please?