Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JohnSmith JohnSmith is offline

Default turn off ALL automatic formatting PERMANENTLY, FOREVER

I should've been more clear: I know how to turn all the Auto-everything off
but every time I open Word they're all turned on again (i.e. boxes checked)

But the previous suggestion to delete a registry key is working so far
(after 2 days or so)

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

As for the forum - the Microsoft forums are merely one of many windows into an NNTP server hosted by Microsoft, but widely syndicated to a variety of
Usenet servers. Calling back your errors for re-editing is therefore not
possible.

Fine. Microsoft is right and the other 10 million forums on the internet are
doing it the wrong way.