Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VG9tbXkgVmluc29u?=,

I bought a new tablet PC to create a form that a customer can sign but to my
dismay when I protect a document for forms I can't use the ink tools. I did
read that I protect only a portion of a document but can't figure out how to
do it. I read one review that said that the feature to protect part of a
document is "broken" in Word 2003.

The ideal solution would be of course that Microsoft would add a control to
accept ink in a protected document.

I suspect that Microsoft simply hasn't gotten this far with Ink support. It is
fairly new. You might check in the InfoPath newsgroup if InfoPath can do what
you need. It's a package strictly for forms; but I have no idea what kind of
Ink support it has (if any).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org